Saturday, May 30, 2009

Grown


If you look closely at this pan, you will notice the remnants of a name. Sometime around my third birthday, I imagine, the name "Carbiener" was written on the side of this pan in an effort to protect it from all the people who might accidentally mistake it for their own. This pan, you see, has been to more Relief Society and ward functions than you could possibly imagine. It has held endless birthday cakes for cousins and probably more than a few of my own. This pan embodies love and service and a dedication to others that my mom has exhibited every day of her life.
So the other day when I got it out to bake a cake for one of my co-workers on her last day of work, I felt truly grown. And I only hope someday I can serve as many people with it as my mom has.

2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I think that you are well on your way....you take care of/do more for people than any other person I have ever met!

Maybe there are some great things about getting older in life ;)

RC said...

It's not so much of just getting older, it is learning the fine art of serving. Your mother has mastered this and has tried hard to instill it in the rest of her clan, including me. We all have the gift of giving but only a few have perfected it the way she has. The rest of us keep trying. "Many are called but few are chosen" seems to apply here.