Friday, May 08, 2009

Resilience



There are quite a few qualities that I tend to admire: loyalty, perseverance, dedication. You know, there's something special about every living thing. One trait I really admire in this particular plant is resilience. I tend to take good care of the people in my life (generally speaking). I tend to not take very good of pets or plants. So I would like to give a little shout out to this ONE plant who has survived 7 years of inadequate attention and stuck with me no matter what.
Thanks, Little Green One.
(These pictures were taken 24 hours apart. Water is magic.)

8 comments:

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

7 YEARS?? Amazing!!

Maria said...

I love those two pictures! I have a great (albeit HUGE) plant similar to that one...Audrey will come and tell me, "Mom, your plant looks sad!" and I'll load it up with two large glasses of water and, Voila! Happy, green plant once again!

Jessica McIntyre said...

I disagree. You did a very good job of taking care of Sharkbait, may he rest in peace.

breymom said...

That is amazing! I've kept mitch alive for eight years but never a plant heehee

indeazgirl said...

I think "Rest In Peace" are still the operative words. I sure tried like heck though!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Remember that time that you referred your house plants to a cemetery? Maybe this little guy just loves you so much he knows eventually that after you get done doing all your fun stuff you will remember to feed him!

RC said...

That must be a "SUPER PLANT". I have never seen anything that could or would come back that quickly. Maybe you should just try some Miracle Grow along with the water? Wait, that may put the plant into a severe shock and die. Disregard that comment.

Sweet Em said...

Those pictures were so amazing I called Aaron in "all the way from the other room" to see them.