Friday, May 08, 2009

Yogis

I have attended yoga now 3 times at my new gym. I've had 3 different instructors and I've loved them all. They were:
- A 20-something year old guy who I couldn't quite figure out but was very alternative and his poses flowed better than any class I've ever been to.
- A very tiny Asian who disappeared when she lunged into Warrior II. With a heavy accent. So you were constantly searching for her tiny body. But I still liked it.
-Another tiny Asian who had no accent whatsoever, was very into yoga and "listening to your body" "making choices with your body and what poses you were choosing by level and why" and breathing. I came in late and people were alternating which nostrils they were breathing out of. Good thing my allergies weren't bad today. She didn't correct any of my poses, but she did probably notice I'm a crappy inhaler/exhaler and probably hold my stress in my breath, so she kind of walked her hands up and down my back while I laid there and I loved it. And we did dancer pose, which made me feel happy. And then at the very end of class she played this song, which made me feel even happier. It was the first time I said "Namaste" sincerely. Oh, happy day. 
So I went out and bought gold high heels. And a necklace. Because I'm still learning to accessorize. Candice would be so proud.

8 comments:

Jessica McIntyre said...

GOLD HIGH HEELS!! Oh my!

I think I would fall over if I tried the dancer pose.

breymom said...

I LOVE yoga but never do it I always remember you saying you did it alone and wish I was that motivated.

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

WAIT... WHAT?! Christin... why have you not invited me. Did you know I bought a yoga mat a few months ago that has yet to be unwrapped? Sigh.

indeazgirl said...

oh kristine!! I will!! I would love it!!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I am not going to lie...

In this post you kind of sounded like my mom!

indeazgirl said...

Oh good. because your mom is my hero.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Being in the library (where I spend all of my quality time blogging) you almost just made me pee my pants!

RC said...

I think I would skip all that bending, breathing stuff and go find a good brisket sandwich.