Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dazed and Confused...and Amused

Wednesday night I worked. And it was rough. I had been up most of the day before with the car situation, and woke up early on Wednesday to get a bunch of stuff done. Determined to not succumb to my Rock*Star crutch, I stumbled through the night. When I got home, this is what greeted me:

All I could think of was that Ariana must have gotten bored and drawn a picture of me surfing on Inch Beach. But I was so confused. I texted. She denied. I took a shower. I went back into the living room to detective this one out. At which time I realized, I had actually stepped OVER two notes and a CD from my home teachers without even noticing.


You see, last week I told my home teachers that I was feeling a little stressed out. This was their way of helping me relax. What followed was a ten minute CD/ recording of Phil and Travis making beach noises and walking me down a beach and to a beach party. It was more than a little crazy, but I was laughing so much. I am so lucky to have such great home teachers. Thanks guys!!

8 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

As I said this has the markings of "The Phil" all over it... man I love that kid.

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

Hahaha, I HAVE to hear that CD!

Sweet Em said...

CUTE! So not what I would expect from a home teacher, although that drawing of you...a little bit home teacher-ish. GOOD GOING Priesthood holders!

Camille Elise said...

Wow. That's neat.

Jessica McIntyre said...

Oh that is so amazingly sweet. And super fun.

RC said...

Call their quorum leaders and report how great they are. Not too many HT's would go this far for a person. Tell them, from this bishop/father, that I truely appreciate their efforts and hope that they will soon be able to come here and teach our Elders how to truely connect with their families.

bradleyjohn said...

That is AWESOME!!! I can just hear Phil making swooshing sounds for the tide and Travis telling his kids that they can't bury his head along with the rest of him.

Anonymous said...

That CD is hilarious. When I found out what they were doing (and provided the key for their break-in) I could not stop laughing.