Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Coming of Age

So most of you are aware that I'm a little obsessed with magazines. The obsession has mellowed in previous years, but my coffee table is still overrun with SELF, Glamour, Oprah, the Ensign, and Women's Health. I've been a loyal subscriber for years. But recently I felt a little betrayed. These are the covers from March and April:


I was offended initially when Taylor made the first appearance. And then Miley showed up. And lastly, Vanessa High School Musical Hudgens. REALLY??!!!
Since when did teenagers become my role models?

4 comments:

Camille Elise said...

Hahaha...your funny. But I agree. I haven't allowed myself to get any magazines since high school cause i find myself more envious of those cover models when I do. They are good reads I guess though. :)

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

That's weird... I would have been really excited with Taylor Swift and Mylie Cyrus, but V.A.H. is the last straw!

Sweet Em said...

Perhaps its time to pick up a subscription card to "Women's World"...

Jessica McIntyre said...

or Good Housekeeping.

I'm seeing Taylor Swift in concert on Sunday. Being your magazine subscriber soul mate, I did notice the same thing.