Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Check Out My Tan Line!




All right, really. Who am I kidding. I don't get tan lines. This is my sunburn line left over from a sunburn from a bike ride I took exactly a week ago. I was on my good exercise kick and strapped on my bike helmet at 1:30 in the afternoon, determined to find the little greenbelt around here. It took about a half an hour to find the greenbelt, during which time I'm thinking to myself "Holy crap; It's so freaking hot outside. I hope I don't die." Once I finally got there, though there were lots of little lakes and grass and it was really nice. So I kept riding for about another hour. I ended up under a sweet bridge and around the lake. It was all very nice, but I was always worried about heat exhaustion. I stopped about 5 times and even laid on the grass for a minute about a mile from home. I almost didn't make it.

When I got home, I checked the weather forecast. I had just biked for an hour and a half in 109 degrees!!! No wonder I was so hot! To top it off, the "Valley" was experiencing its most random weather pattern in 100 years, according to the news. The next few days, it was 90, 80, 70, and then rainy and 54. Any other day of the week would have been better. Oh, well. You live, you learn.
Another tidbit for you all, Target Sport Sunscreen is SPF 15. Right next to the Coppertone Sport Sunscreen that is SPF 50. What athlete on earth is like, "I'm going to be out all day long sweating up a storm, I'd better put my SPF 15 on!" Somehow, I think thanks mostly to my bike helmet, it did, however, work, and the only burned up part of me is my lower back, which I didn't even know until the hot water from the shower blasted down upon it. Yoowouch!

No comments: