Monday, May 19, 2008

Girls' Night In

Tonight was a fun Girls' Night In. First, I woke up and had to go swimming. But all I have is a bikini, which Ariana told me was dumb to try to swim laps in. And she was probably right. So I went on a 2 hour long search for a swimsuit, which does nothing for one's self-esteem ever, really. But I found a great Nike one at Sports Authority that is really flattering..not that I'm about to post that picture up here...it was on a great sale, which helped, too! I was stressed at this point because Ariana was over and I was like, "Work out or be social?" This is really like my one night off. So I told laid out some options for Ariana and she was like, "Go swimming. I'll wait (aka I'll call my crush)." But he wasn't available and just then she remembered she had a swimsuit in her car (I don't know, either, but it made me happy.) So we just run to the little pool in our complex and jump the fence (people keep vandalizing it...anyways) and then after a few minutes Bridget got home and was like, "I want to swim!!" So the three of us all swam together and it was so much fun. I can't remember the last time I went swimming with friends and I was so glad not to have to sacrifice being social to work out!! Then I made them the rest of the hamburgers from the night before (I had already eaten) and we went grocery shopping for the salad ingredients. I had looked forward to this salad ALL WEEK LONG. Somehow my mind had inserted the words, "Baby Shrimp" instead of "Baby Spinach" into the salad, and I was shocked to see it didn't actually call for any. But I added them anyway.
So we all ate the salad, and then watched Sleepless in Seattle (Ariana's first time- remember, she was 3 when it came out :o) ) while we ate Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. All in all, a perfect Girls' Night In.
p.s. Brad Skyped with us all. I'm adding that because it makes him feel like a nerd.
p.s.s. I told the cashier about Blue Bell. I swear they should hire me to be their spokesman. I even gave him one of my coupons!! You're welcome, Chris!
p.s. again Look at the picture on my calendar on Saturday. funfun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was such a FANTASTIC night. I love how our girls' night in is so much more fun than my girls' night out with other people.
oh, and sleepless in seattle is amazing!