Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bottom of the Barrel Omelet


With all the working I've been doing lately, I've had very little time for the grocery shopping. Which means I laid in bed this morning thinking, "I have no milk, no bread, no jelly, and icky cereal. What on earth am I going to eat for breakfast?"
So I rummaged through the fridge to find the following:

  • 3 eggs 
  • Green Onions from last week (I think), questionable parts removed
  • Mini Bell Peppers, slightly wrinkled, about 2 weeks old
  • Mushrooms, 5 days old
  • Gruyere, I don't know how old but there was no mold on it
  • 1 Avocado, too ripe for words and about a week old
Despite the fact that it all sounds terrible, it made for a pretty good omelet. Served with a Whole Foods local organic grapefruit, age indefinite but greater than 1 month, no icky spots apparent. 
 I know, I have no shame. 

6 comments:

Maria said...

Stirfry?

Sweet Em said...

Get thee to the grocery store!!

Sweet Em said...

BTW - not to contrast your post too strongly but you should check out Mindy's blog about her cupcakes...it seems like something you'd really dig.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is time your mama came back to Tempe to ensure you have "substance" in the fridge?
It didn't sound bad until you got to the avacado. I've told you they give you cancer! YUK!

I tried to post this with that STUPID Google Id and it NEVER WORKS except on Suzette's blog.
AAAAHHHHHGGGGG!

ashley said...

hey! as old as the ingredients in the omelet are...it sounds like it was a pretty good breakfast, but i do think you need to go grocery shopping. haha. and you are welcome to lurk my blog anytime...i do the same to yours;)
ashley

LaQuejadora said...

Christin, I freakin' love you for posts like that. You are awesome and wonderful and completely hysterical. I miss you so much right now!