Sunday, May 18, 2008

Flying Jumping Jacks


This week was one of the productive ones. We all know by now that consistency is not my strong point. Every 3 weeks or so I have a week like this. I try to tell myself that my stomach will be so flat and my butt so perky if I could keep this up. :o)
A little run down. I made great dinners this week for myself. I'm trying to find good fast recipes so I can workout and eat before work and still be on time to work!
Sunday I made shrimp linguine. Wednesday was Mahi Mahi with herbs and tomatoes (the tomatoes left over from the pasta), Thursday Lemon-herb Chicken with Caesar Salad (Romaine left over from a dinner party) (unfortunately, I used anchovy paste and didn't rinse out the bowl very well. Sorry Bridget!), Friday was Buffalo Burgers and last night I made this salad:
Baby Spinach and Raspberry Salad
Fantastic. I used a pear white balsamic vinaigrette (it's weird the stuff I have "on hand" these days since these dinner parties!) It was so good! But I'm getting ahead of myself.
So, this week, my house was relatively clean and I worked out every day with an "X" on it. Because I had it all planned out, i felt great and was so motivated. But the second day, I'm doing Intense Moves, a fantastic step aerobics video circa 1998, and Bridget's hot friend Brandon arrives to help her move her desk. Sweet. So I'm like, "Hi. So yes, I totally feel like a dork right now but this is the only time I have to do this before I have to go to work so I'm going to go ahead and keep it up." So I did. Luckily he was out the door before I had to start doing the flying jumping jacks. A girl can only be so uninhibited.
You know what? Saturday night deserves it's own entry. See above.

No comments: