Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

So I worked on Valentine's Night. I slept Valentine's day. All of which was okay. I ate enough sugar in 24 hours for about 2 months. It went something like this: 3 chocolates, Several Handfuls of Conversation Hearts (Brach's!), Hot Pink Cupcake at 6am, Heart-shaped chocolate muffin (courtesy Ariana), SLEEP, Fried French Toast with Ice Cream and pecans for dinner.
My stomach was like, "Hey! Hey you! What is this crap? Are you honestly going to keep this up all day? Crazy Lady."
So how's the love life going? Hmm... I have about 4 good guy friends right now. Me. I have 4 guy friends. Not serial make-out buddies. Like real guy friends. This is kind of weird for me, having never had guy friends. It seems a little pointless, honestly, but I like to think it's actually developing my character. We'll see how that goes :o)


This is a picture of my Bel Air in the morning. Ariana did this. This whole "heart attack" thing is, I believe, a crazy Mormon idea cooked up in Utah, oozed into Idaho, and had slowly trickled into Arizona. I've heard of it, but this is my first time in my young adult life that I think I've been a victim. And it was very cute. All the hearts said something like, "Fabulous. Amazing. Cute. Gorgeous."
But my favorite 3 were:
"I feel like Jackie-O!"
"Is that a weird Carbiener thing or does the rest of the world do that, too?"
and last but not least...
"It's Because I'm ovulating.." which is really a great excuse to get away with anything. :o)

9 comments:

Travis Butterfield said...

yay for guy friends! (I'm one of them, right???)

Maria said...

My husband SWEARS that no guy is "friends" with a girl without alterior motives. Either he is interested in more, or his best buddy is. There is no grey area there...
SO.....Travis, you think Christin's pretty great, eh? Have you asked her on a date yet? I suppose that offering to go swimming with her almost qualifies...
And Jeff, the funny man, how about you? ;)
hee hee

Maria said...

I am a little nervous about my previous comment, but can't QUITE make myself delete it. We'll see if Christin does...

Travis Butterfield said...

Oh, I've asked her out before. And I plan on asking again! ;-)

Maria said...

Ah ha! I'm right!!! You go, Travis!!

Maria said...

ULterior motives...ULTERIOR motives. MAN, I hate these blogs and no spellcheck. It's damaging to my grammar self-esteem.

Sweet Em said...

FYI - Aaron got heart attacked for V-day (by me thank goodness) so it is seeping into MA also.

(Maria - my browser does spell check for me, I wonder if it is a Mozilla thing...whatever it is, that means if something I type is misspelled its my own fault!)

Camille Elise said...

Wow....I agree with Maria...Guys can't be friends with someone without a little bit of motive. The girls just don't know it. Or maybe they do...
Anywho, I love love love your car Christin and I commend you for purchasing it. It makes you that much more cool...if you believe in physical property increasing your social status! :) haha. Um, also- I too ate too much candy...not on V-day though. It's the AFTER vday candy sales that get me. My poor bank account is starving.

indeazgirl said...

I promise you all on this one. I know without a doubt that at least some of these guys do not have ulterior motives. And, neither, do I. That's what makes this all so weird. Usually they're at least married or attached and then it all makes more sense!