Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snowboarding!



I don't know if uploading this video is going to work (it didn't), 'cause it never has before, but I'm trying anyways. Snowboarding was a blast. Brad helped me kind of get started and we avoided the bunny hill altogether and started with the harder stuff. I went down three times. I crashed at first about every five seconds. And the last time down I usually made it about 30. The thing is, you go pretty far in a very short amount of time, so it never seemed that bad. And the thing is, even if you look like a dork (which, thanks to Brad's pictures I know I did), you FEEL so cool. Like you're in a movie and just the sweetest thing. Which, really, I think snowboarding is mostly about anyway. :o)

I had a class at 1 called "How to Snowboard Better." It was a group lesson that had cost like $10 extra. There were 6 of us, and everybody was actually more terrible than me. Enough so that I accidentally lost the entire class. Our instructor told us to go down the hill to "the open area." I think I may have gone too far because I didn't see anybody again. That's also when I realized I was freezing. See, Brad had mentioned it gets really warm sometimes when you snowboard, so I wore: My underarmour shirt, my poofy vest, my shorts, and snowboarding pants. And an ear warmer and some little socks and what I thought were good gloves. I LEARNED THAT:

a) An Underarmour Shirt is not a real shirt
b) My socks were horrible
c) My gloves were worse
d) I need to bring a jacket or a hoodie or a scarf or a hat or something!



Mostly the bunny hill was the most freezing because on that side of the mountain it was windy, snowing, and freezing, and not that sunny. So I went inside and defrosted until I found Brad. Brad had had an awesome time going down the hills and listening to music for the first time really feeling like he was the coolest thing ever.

It was a good first time, and everyone I talk to says the third time is the best. Looking forward to it!
Later!
cc

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so fun! You look incredibly cute and Brad looks good too... We'll have to go together sometime next year. :]

Jessica McIntyre said...

you look so cold in the top picture :-(

indeazgirl said...

I was absolutely freezing my butt off in the top picture. That's right before we left 'cause I couldn't take it anymore!