Monday, February 11, 2008

You Can't Escape The Truth

I have a quote on my fridge that's been there for years. More of a research statement than a quote. It says, "Regular exercisers who halt their workouts can experience symptoms of depression in as soon as a week, research from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethseda, Maryland, reveals. By the second week, the idle group's negative mood scores were 85 percent higher than those who exercised. It's all right to take a short break now and then, but don't stay still for too long."
It's important to have this on my fridge so that when I feel like like is kind of crappy and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong I remember that I'm solidly into my second week of not working out and need to get off my butt so that my 85 percent symptoms of depression don't turn into 100.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go buy some ice cream. I'll work out in the morning. :o)

10 comments:

Katie said...

i know how you feel, i had to talk myself into working out this morning... i drag myself there everyday, but i always feel better after i'm done! :)

Sweet Em said...

LOL

Travis Butterfield said...

hey! Happy Valentines Day!

Sweet Em said...

I feel lucky all of a sudden that I'm not a regular exerciser!

Travis Butterfield said...

if you ever need an exercise buddy, give me a call! We can go swimming or something!

indeazgirl said...

We can figure out some form of exercise, I'm sure.....

Anonymous said...

Careful there daughter. Daddy is still reading this.

Anonymous said...

If my Dad read anything like this from me, I think he would die. He still has a hard time with me wearing make-up and going on group dates. I'm impressed that you as a dad can handle this. Way to be...

indeazgirl said...

Oops. Sorry dad. I was just kidding. Promise. :o)

And Ariana- your dad freaks out more because I am a DECADE older than you. :o) My dad WANTS me to get married. As soon as possible.

Camille Elise said...

So...i'm thinking maybe you can relate this quote/research statement to going through the mundane tasks in church. You go to church on Sunday regularly then all of a sudden you stop. Sometimes I think how nice it would be not to go to church...just to sleep in and to hang out at my house and not have to get ready for church...but i know if i get in to the habit of missing church often I will really be hurting myself spiritually.

P.S.-Do you think when I have to give the lesson in RS you could give me some tips...just thinking about having to give the lesson in 2 months makes me sick to my stomach....i don't know how i would fare on the day of...and i know you are a professional!!! :)