Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Workout and a Wedding Shower

This morning I woke up at 7:30am and laid there. I don't really remember the last time I woke up at 7:30, so I didn't really know what to do with myself. I tried to go back to sleep, but that surprisingly didn't work. So I decided to go workout. (Jessica was already at work.) I took a little convincing of the lady at the counter to let me workout for free. But it did work. Gold's Gym on Parkcenter is on my list of things I miss about Boise for good reason. I think it is the prettiest gym on earth. (Not that I've seen a lot of earth, but I do feel like I've seen a lot of gyms.) There are TVs on every treadmill and a sweet wall with a waterfall (which was off while I was there). I took a lot of pictures like the dork I am, but I had a great great workout.
And What Not to Wear was on TV. :o)
Then I had lunch with my ex-pseudo-mother-in-law. Josh's mom and I went to Bittercreek Ale House and met for lunch. This was largely Josh's idea because to me, it is an incredibly high stress situation. However, she is very nice and lunch was good. So whatever. Crazy boy.
Then I went shopping at the mall. Oohh.. a little bit downtown and then the mall. I tried on about things at Banana Republic, most of which I liked, none of which I bought. Then I bought Jess some nice towels at Macy's for her wedding shower. Possibly the most traditional gift I've ever given, but they are super super nice ones, so it works. The lady ringing up my stuff said their gift wrapping was amazing, and I fell for that. Yeah, it's good, but seriously, do not let old ladies pick out your wrapping paper. Just go to Target. That's what it's there for.
NEXT!! A retro dress. Ever since I bought the car, the 1965 Bel Air, I've wanted a dress to match it for when I go driving. And I found one at the vintage clothing store here. (Picture Show.) It's from the same time period and is a Vogue Couture. And I love it so much. I tried on a lot of things, but this was the only perfect one.
Then!! The Wedding Shower. Jessica's sister put it together and got Lilly Jane's cupcakes, our favorite cupcakes ever, that have debuted at every birthday and special event since the store opened (okay, not every one, but a lot. Guaranteed.) It was fun to meet so many members of her family. She mostlygot kitchen stuff, but one person (not me, really, i know, shocking) snuck in ediblepanties. Gotta have those.
And then, again, we were in bed at midnight. I'm not going to know what to do with myself when I get home.
:o) Good times.

4 comments:

Jeffrey Benson said...

I'm just gonna throw this out there: you are too cool. What with the vogue couture and car...

Anonymous said...

you went to bed at 11:30 pm and woke up at 7:30 am? I do NOT believe this. I am completely in shock.

Sweet Em said...

If you could go back in time you should take a picture of you in that WONDERFUL dress and holding one of those ADORABLE cupcakes. Oh, and can I have your day!? It sounded like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

that dress is the most SUPERB thing I have ever seen!!! you look so incredibly fantastic in it and it is beyond what I even imagined. I'm jealous.