Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tim-tam Slam


So yesterday was errand day. I bought a new laundry basket, some pens, the groceries, you know... stuff you do on errand day. When I told Brad I was going to World Market (for the plaintain chips they were out of), he was like, "Oh! See if they have tim-tams. They're an Australian cookie. I heard they sometimes have them. Then we can do tim-tam slams." Well, it sounded so exciting I had to look! With the assistance of two very friendly salespeople, I found out that in the US, Tim-tams are called Arnott's (Bor-ing). And that they are some of the most popular cookies they sell. (I think this has kind of spread through missionland.) 
Here are the directions. First, Bite off opposite corners (opposite sides, opposite ends.) Dip one end in warm milk (hold it with both hands!), suck the milk through the cookie, and as soon as the milk hits your mouth, push the whole cookie in your mouth as fast as you can so it doesn't dissolve in your hands. Because it will dissolve, and it will taste amazing. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The second picture?

Priceless.

bradleyjohn said...

So it wasn't as fun as with my mission president, but still very fun. Note to everyone else; if you are going to do it, be careful that you get the cookie in your mouth. Warm milk up your nose does not feel good.

Maria said...

Sounds interestingly delicious. :)

Anonymous said...

Do you know my children border on the bizarre more than others?