Monday, February 18, 2008

Pearl Jam Night

I almost forgot! On Saturday night, me and Doug hung out. Now, since Josh M., who was obsessed with Pearl Jam, I haven't listened to a lot of Pearl Jam because it has the potential to depress the crap out of me, but the other night on the way to work "Evenflow" came on. Which I really like and then I put on a PJ CD. And rocked out on the way to work. Doug also happens to love Pearl Jam. So on Sat. night, I put on my PJ shirt (which I had made and is really sweet...I'll get a picture of it up on here) and we first went grocery shopping. To the five different stores I needed to for this dinner party, all the while listening to different PJ CD's. Then we went to Last Exit, a bar and grill named after a PJ song (yes, we listened to it on the way. I am kind of a dork.) and got dinner. It was kind of fun to see the people who hung out there, mostly because they seemed shockingly normal for such a dark little crazy bar. Then Doug, me, Ariana, and Brad all watched Across the Universe which is a musical about the Vietnam war using all Beatles songs and is weird as can be, but the main character's name is Jude and, man, he is gorgeous. So gorgeous. mmmm.....fun times! cc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Across the Universe is REALLY REALLY weird. Even Jude couldn't save that movie for me. Though I did love the song 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand.' That's about it.

Travis Butterfield said...

except that the "I wanna hold your hand" was turned into a homoerotic ballad. Not cool. I don't get into that kind of nonsense.