Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fireworks


Tonight was kind of a unique fireworks event, but not too bad. I thought to myself today (because being alone really didn't bother me today at all..maybe because I have amazing friends and family..they'e just not here). Anyways, I thought to myself that maybe the reason we don't see people alone all that much is that because people who are alone are maybe scared to go out alone. And so they watch the fireworks INSIDE. And then there's me. So I drove down towards Tempe's beautiful bridge where the fireworks display was going to happen. Tons of the roads were blocked off, and I ended up about a mile west of the bridge. So I parked and walked-- for the record, there were lots of families around and still light outside, so I felt very safe. It was $6 to get inside, but I figured I'd just walk down and look for a good spot- on a bridge perhaps. Turns out it was more like a crazy packed carnival, and that's wasn't really what I was looking for (there is a little "beach" right there, but I'm sure it was packed. I couldn't actually see it because of all the blockades). So I walked back and hopped back in my car right as the show started. But I could see it pretty well while I drove and could listen to the radio station with the fireworks soundtrack. I ended up on McDowell Road, west of where I'd ever been, and pulled over to the side of the road like everyone else and watched them. It was a great view, and the high school kids I sat (sort of) next to were excited for the music. It was good. I drew a picture for you all. I'm such a budding artist. :o) I left out the buildings that were in the background. They weren't really that scenic. And the yellow squiggly lines are the lights on the bridge. I love America.

1 comment:

Sweet Em said...

Happy 4th of July!!