Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'm Walkin' on Sunshine. Whoo-hoo..

So, I don't actually know if I've lauded Walgreens on this blog yet, but they came through for me once again, as they always always do.

In a roundabout way. So, first I went to Target to get some iron because they have the best iron supplements of all. I was also going to get some Bee Pollen because my dad and his friend swear it's the best stuff for allergies ever. And I swear to you, I don't know how allergies are bad in the desert, but they have been pretty freakin' bad here. But they didn't have bee pollen.

And I was going to get my pictures developed, but, of course, the photo shop was closed.


So I headed off the Walgreens because they develop pictures in 1-hour 24 hours a day. And they didn't have bee pollen, either, but the guy was really nice and came out to help me look through all the bottles. So, because I had a half hour, I looked around. And saw the following store across the street.


Now, this store looks a little ghetto and scary on the outside. But for one, it was OPEN at 9:15pm and two, it said "natural" twice on the outside. So I thought it was worth a try. Yes, they had bee pollen. And oh my gosh, it is such a great grocery store. It's kind of like the Boise co-op, with a lot less self-importance. And much nicer prices. They had little tiny cans of coconut milk for 99 cents, which means I don't have to pay $3 a can everytime I make a particular recipe. And a "guacamole kit" with 2 avocadoes, one shallot, two Roma tomatoes, and a jalapeno pepper for $1.99. Wow. And Boar's head meat, which I thought was just an Idaho thing. And banana-vanilla wallaby yogurt for 89cents (It's $1.09 at the co-op). And odwalla on sale and simply orange juice on sale. I am not kidding you. This is what the sign in front says "SERIOUS FOOD. SILLY PRICES." yep, their sale prices are called silly prices. Now this is a little nuts, but the store is called SUNFLOWER, so what does one expect? Anyways, I'm totally shopping here from now on and I am thrilled. There's so much fun Asian stuff and little mini zucchinis!! Yay!!

No comments: