Sunday, July 15, 2007

Olive and Ivy

My Aunt Jill and Uncle Dan were in town this morning and took me out to brunch and this restaurant called Olive and Ivy (it was right next to the mall. Hence, the crazy shopping trip.) But anyways, this place was amazing!! First, they accidentally brought us cinnamon apple steel-cut oats which were to die for. Then I actually ordered mixed berries with yougurt and granola and a mushroom omelet with gruyere cheese (this is, i think, my favorite cheese. I should put up my recipe that uses it.) And our servers (one was in training) were so cute and fun. Jill had told them it was my celebration dinner for getting my license, so they brought out tiny dishes of sorbet and gelato with a candle at the end of the meal. It was so fun. Thanks guys!

http://www.foxrestaurantconcepts.com/olive.html

2 comments:

Jessica McIntyre said...

I want to thank you Christin from all of us in "not so glamorous" cities such as Phoenix, for making sure to add links to all these wonderful places so we can be extra jealous. Me particularly for the cupcake store and sushi. :-)

Anonymous said...

On the other side, those of us that are simple minded, close minded, rednecks would turn up our noses at such Yuppie places and be content with a good ol' fashioned BBQ plate of good ribs or even just bacon, eggs,and hashbrowns!! Your dad is not jealous at all....
Dad