Wednesday, December 23, 2009

All The Peanut Butter and Jelly a Girl Could Ever Want

Let me say first of all that there are times when I think I have the best job in the world.
I love working nights.
I love the nurse:patient ratio on my floor
I love my schedule.
I love my acupuncture benefits
I love the funny stories I get from patients
I love when people say, "Oh, my angel nurse is back!"
But I especially love my co-workers. Because of things like this:

Let me say second of all that I am not a woman of routine. For most things, I am incredibly INCREDIBLY random. Except when it comes to my packed lunches. Almost daily they consist of: A PB&J, carrots, a Babybel cheese, yogurt, and an apple. This leads my co-workers to believe that I am the world's healthiest eater. They don't know my capacity to live on Rice Krispie treats for 2 meals a day when I'm not at work.
Tonight I came to work to find a fabulous little red bag sitting on the counter. With a silver "FABULOUS" tag hanging from it. Inside was 1- A very hilarious card 2- A spa gift certificate to a spa of my choosing (from spawish.com, which, by the way, is an amazing idea!) and 3- A book entitled, "What I Know Now: Extraordinary Women Share the Wisdom They Wish They'd Had When They Were Younger."
Already feeling uber-appreciated and excited, I had no idea what they had up their sleeves. Brittany (brunette, blue scrubs) and Bridgette (blonde, blue scrubs) had arranged a Christin-rrific buffet. Meaning, a fruit tray, a veggie tray, Babybel Cheeses, hummus, pitas, and, of course, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches galore-both with crunchy and creamy choices. I still cannot believe the effort they went to for me. When a girl that is used to very mellow birthdays gets TWO fabulous birthday parties, she might be a little overwhelmed.
Thank you so much. So SO much.
You two are awesome.
(p.s. Kim is new. She's from Boston. I'm orienting her. She's the one holding the bananas. I like her, too.)

1 comment:

RC said...

All these years I have been telling you what an incredible person you are and now at last, two groups of people have confirmed what I have said. "you are fabulous!"