Monday, December 28, 2009

One Last Surprise...

So in 2005, I bought Williams-Sonoma new healthy kitchen cookbooks. I really love them, and tucked within the dessert book is a recipe for Lavender Flan. Now, I had at the time never had flan OR lavender in anything, but it looked so pretty and sounded so good and I've been planning to make it for 4 years now. And every time we passed the L'Occitane store at Chandler mall (with their bunches of fresh lavender for sale), I mention it again. Even though I did finally have flan last year and didn't think it was very good at all. I just thought I could do better.
Well, Brad finally thought I deserved lavender flan.
He snuck both the cookbook and the lavender to Bullhead City in the trunk.
We have the use of two houses in Bullhead City (one house used to be my aunt's....long story), and he made it over there.
So on Christmas morning, Brad surprised me with beautiful lavender flan. The caramel was a little overdone, BUT it was tasty, and more than anything, I appreciated having the only brother in the world who would think to make his sister lavender flan for her 30th birthday.
Thanks, Brad, you're so cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brad is way cool. And I also have a cool sister that got me really fancy mascara for Christmas even though she wasn't supposed to buy me a gift. Kaitlynn and I both had fantastic lashes on Sunday. Yes, she is only five and I sometimes let her wear a little make up. Well.. she can appreciate the fancy things in life.