Friday, December 18, 2009

Christin at Twenty-Four


So I have to confess: I'm totally terrified to write this entry. Because Josh's wife reads this blog (and I love hers), but I haven't officially met her. And Josh had a lot to do with this year. So here's hoping that Ashley forgives me for posting a picture of me with her now-husband. Just like Tara hopefully did yesterday. :-) (These are the kinds of things that happen when you're 30, I guess!)
K- so this picture is the ONLY picture I have of my 24th birthday. I found it a few months ago in the back of a photo album and gasped. I had totally forgotten it existed. I had known Josh McGavin for only a few months, but my social circle was (as always) very small, so he came. He and I and Emily Inglet and Charlie my roommate (and her fiancee?) went out to eat at Continental Bistro. I had crawfish bisque and Denver Sole that were to die for and Charlie and Emily got me totally inappropriate panties as my presents. It was the first year I went out to dinner for my birthday, and it would be the first of many. I had permed my hair the day before, and Josh got pulled over trying to keep up with me on our way back to Idaho Falls (I was going home for Christmas).

Let's just say the rest of the year was a whirlwind. I continued to live in the armpit of Pocatello, Idaho and continued to work at Applebee's. I bought my first real furniture- Red Couches that I still totally love, rocked a road trip to Seattle, and started pre-reqs for the nursing program (after a lot of prayer and soul-searching). 2004 left me with some of my most fabulous memories and a few of my saddest memories. When the dust settled, I was left with a great pair of white Kenneth Cole heels and a deep appreciation for possibly the kindest, most sincere, most good-hearted person I have ever had the chance to know and love. Oh, and way too many Pearl Jam CD's.
And I wouldn't change a thing about it.

4 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Super cute pic... and I think regardless Ashley will forgive you because she wasn't even in Josh's life yet... AND Josh wouldn't be who he is in some ways without you....
That is my two sense anyway....

ashley said...

i'm not mad at all (i'm not that kind of girl). i know that josh is an amazing guy, and he is a very influetial person. thats a great picture of you guys!

indeazgirl said...

Thanks Ashley :-) I was hoping you'd feel that way!

Emily said...

I don't remember the totally inappropriate panties and I'm having a hard time imagining such a thing would exist in your underwear drawer. And I'm still looking for the James Rowland entry...