Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christin at 29. T minus 15 hours.

To quote Brad (from yesterday), there was "a crazy amount of stuff" last year. Which may be why this year seemed so slow in comparison. But it's not like I stayed at home and stared at the ceiling. Let's go....

Bridget threw me my first ever surprise party. It was really a birthday/Christmas party and was totally awesome. She also got me Betty Bear's Birthday book from my childhood, which was also awesome.
In January, Brad, me, Ariana, one of her brothers, and Tyler took a spontaneous trip to see the Grand Canyon. It, like the rest of Arizona, was really brown. But also pretty cool. Especially the picture of me and Brad on a cliff.
A few days later John and I went and saw a John Legend concert, and I loved two Johns that day. Both so so sexy.
I started straightening my hair. This probably happened in 2008, but it took real effect in 2009. This happened largely because every guy I knew told me it was a good idea. I ended up doing it almost every day. I missed my first 6-month perm since 1994!! I got my hair highlighted by someone I wasn't related to in an upscale Scottsdale salon that smells like heaven.
I also let John and Bridget convince me to throw some clothes away, buy some new shoes, and start wearing a belt. Sometimes I now feel like I own too many purses and look too preppy and have become a little too Californian. But then I put on my Underarmour sweatshirt (again) along with my cute little gray Converses instead of my Doc Marten sandals and I think maybe it's not such a bad idea.
I spent Spring Break in a rented beach house in La Jolla. John and I went skydiving. It was beautiful, thrilling, and completely nauseating. Next time....Dramamine!!
Then....I got into Grad School. Finally I get to start being a nurse practitioner. Whoo-hoo!!
I did the Abs Diet.
I made up for it.
Ariana and Tyler started dating, got engaged, and got married. Brad and I threw the best Bachelor and Bachelorette parties ever. John, me, Bridget, and Brad created ambiance in a space without any.
John and I tried out a million new restaurants. All of which were fabulous.
I sold Josh back the Bel Air.
I went to Park City to see Bridget when my trip to Europe was indefinitely postponed. We bought rain boots. I wore them 2 weeks ago for the first time.
John and I went to Prescott for the 4th of July. I saw the Boot Race!!
He and I shared a car. For a week. Twice.
I cried the next month when my Nana died. I still cry sometimes. She was the coolest ever.
I started school. I considered dropping out. Then realized that many miracles had led me here and I totally wanted to do it so I stayed. No cool vacations for 2 years. boo.
I finally rode public transportation and felt very urban.
I went to Brad's awesome James Bond Park City Party. It totally rocked. (Almost as much as his 2007 birthday I forgot to mention 2 days ago.)
Brad and I saw Brad Paisley. We rocked Black Friday.
And I had two amazing birthday parties. Oop. But I guess that's what tomorrow's all about.
You can look up more pictures if you want to. I'm going to sleep!!! :-)

No comments: