Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Not My Fault


There were a few things that ran through my mind when I saw this plant at Fresh & Easy tonight:
1- Really? You're trying to sell a dead plant for 30 cents?
2- Did the other dead plants all get sold?
3- SEE!!! It's HARD to keep those little basil plants alive!
(If you'll remember, I myself have killed three of them.)
4- How sad!

So after some frank discussion with a couple employees, they agreed that
a) They should probably just throw it away and
b) I could have it for free to blog about, make myself laugh, and because they would feel guilty making me pay for it. One guy helpfully suggested maybe some water would bring it back to life. I reassured him that it would not, having witnessed many such plants in this state of demise.
Consider me basil hospice.


3 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Didn't me friend Shawn once refer to your house as a "plant graveyard?"

RC said...

I'm glad he didn't make you pay for that pathetic looking excuse for a plant. I have to agree with Bridgetts friend....you are not a place for plant rescues....

bradleyjohn said...

Hospice; Please call in a timely manner.