Thursday, December 17, 2009

Intermission of the Countdown: ebay + craigslist = childhood Christmases re-lived



As a child, Christmas meant a lot of things to me: the felt advent calendar on the wall, The Polar Express, Jolly Old Santa Claus (the book), and Christmas records. Mostly really annoying records that my mom and dad put up with for most of the month. My personal favorite was Sesame Street singalong, which was produced in 1984. And never again. It is very hard to find when your mom got rid of it thinking her children must have outgrown it. I have looked on ebay for years. And I found it 2 weeks ago. I now have a pristine copy of my favorite childhood record and can go around singing "Counting the Days" whenever I want to. Because I also found a record player. In likewise pristine condition. For $15 on craiglist. Whoo-hoo!!!!
p.s. Is there anything from your childhood that you always hope you will someday find on ebay?

3 comments:

RC said...

For some reason I would like to find my old bb gun. It was an old Daisy, tube feed gun that shot so crooked you had to aim low and to the left in order to hit anything. I know it seems weird but this was one of my very favorite things as a child.
I am so glad you have found your lost record and are singing it in YOUR house all you want:0)

Bonnie said...

Oh the memories!!! Dancing in your room up stairs to this song with all of my kids and then after hearing it for the hundredth time,wanting to break it! lol (maybe that is why I got rid of it)

Jessica McIntyre said...

I am so glad that I don't live with you anymore. I don't think I could handle Sesame Street singalong. Yes, I am a Grinch.