Monday, December 21, 2009

Christin at 27......3.......


Twenty-seven was an awesomely exciting year with a bumpy little beginning. 27 was my breakdown birthday. As in, I broke down then so I won't break down 3 days from now. 27 was my "All-right-everyone-stop-sharing-your-sex-stories-with-me-because-I-honestly-don't-care-anymore-because-what-it-boils-down-to-is- that-I-am-older-than-you-and-my-fertility-just-declined-by-half-and-i-love-someone-and-it's-not-like-a-baby-would-be-totally-unwelcome-right-now-but-I-still-STILL-am-not-having-sex-and-I-am-actually-NOT-totally-okay-with-that" birthday. I cried for a few hours off and on before I got over myself and had a birthday party.
So again, I spent Christmas in Boise. My roommates and I went to 6-1-6, a fabulous (a sadly now defunct) restaurant in Eagle where we had delicious fois gras (with no idea what it was), I had a passion fruit virgin martini lined with pop rocks, followed by a cognac creme brulee. I was told by the chef that I could not get tipsy off creme brulee, but I think he was wrong. I think it was worth it. Best creme brulee EVER.
When we got home, we had Lilly Jane's cupcakes and drank Martinelli's cider and I got a great UnderArmour sweatshirt that I'm wearing as I type this.

Josh O. was supposed to be there, but Colorado was holding him hostage. Remember the great Denver Blizzard of 2006? Oh, I do! I do! There was literally no way out of the state for 3 days, so while he was supposed to be there on the 21st, he didn't arrive until Christmas Day. While I was at work (making more than I had ever made in one day of work ever). He came into work when he got off the plane. I kissed him in front of everyone and made great tips that hour.
What else happened that year?
Boise State totally rocked the Fiesta Bowl. The only football game I think I could watch over and over again. My dad called me at midnight in MEXICO to talk about it. THAT's how amazing it was.
I went to Colorado to surprise Josh for his birthday. I drove a loader. I made Raspberry Game Hens. We pretended we were models at J. Crew. Emily Udy had Tessa on his birthday. Mindy called while I was in the dressing room at the bebe store.


During Spring Break, I flew to AZ to interview at Scottsdale Healthcare, the hospital at which I now work. Josh met me here, and my mom made him a belated birthday cake with a full-out farm. Niece Kaitlynn was completely fascinated.
I interviewed. I got hired.

And then, I graduated.

And I moved to Arizona, with the help of Jessica, Nate, and Josh. Josh and I carried out our scheduled break-up.
I lived alone for 3 months. I had a very clean house. I hated living alone.
I started this blog (for reals). That made things better.
I got lost a million times. I loved my new job. I loved Bridgette, my supervisor, who I consider one of my greatest Arizona blessings. I met Ariana. My first real Arizona friend.
I went to New York City!!! Brad was there for work, and it ended up being my cheapest vacation ever. I saw a Broadway show and the Empire State Building and rode the 4 train. We ate pasta in Little Italy at 1 am. I walked in Greenwich village and Central Park. I loved it all.

Brad moved in. We threw the coolest dinner parties University 5th ward has ever seen.


I took guitar lessons from a sexy sexy man. Then I quit them.
Turns out being 27 was fabulous. A busy, very fun, very fabulous year.

3 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

Christin - I am absolutely loving these posts. You sure had a ton of fun in your 20s. I love it!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Great post.

I was dying when I saw the Under Armor sweatshirt! Heavens knows we all know how much you loved it.

Can't wait to see tomorrow's post!

Anonymous said...

I have a special place in your 20's! It's good to know I was first, maybe it will help make up for me being such a lame friend lately. Love you!!!