Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I really only have 2 days left?!! (Christin at 28)


So the difference between the next two years and the last few really comes down to documentation. I've already chronicled my adventures of 2008 and 2009, but just in case you forgot, I'll still re-cap.
So my 28th birthday I had stuffed french toast at mom & dad's house. That pretty much covered the excitement of that day. That's all I remember, and that's just fine. The week before, Brad and I bought pretty much the largest Christmas tree that could fit in our house (see above).
Christmas Nana read us "The Polar Express" for the last time. And Kaitlynn got a Kitty Alive! that she loved.
In January, I bought Josh O.'s Bel Air. Who would've thought I'd own a '65 Red Bel Air ever? Not me. But I totally loved that car and had so much fun with it. Brad and I drove to Colorado to get it and even brought Josh back for a couple days. Good times.

In February, I went snowboarding for the first time. In Flagstaff. I almost froze to death and probably sprained both my wrists. I haven't been back, but it continues to be a goal of mine to become a very cool "snowboarding chic." Eventually.

That year, I also became the High Magistrate of the Church of Serendipitous Love. You see, my roommate Jessica and her boyfriend needed to be married. But sometimes its hard to find the proper person to marry a rarely-attending Christian and a Buddhist. Enter me. I got online and became an "ordained" clergy person who specifically chose the least religious title she could acquire for fear of being struck down by an unpleased God. I flew back to Boise and married two people I totally love and had a total blast doing it. So fabulous.

April gave me this little dude. Now I not only had the coolest niece ever but also a nephew who was the first Carbiener Linebacker.
I also met Bridget. We were in the same ward, and we ran 4.2 miles together and then became lifelong friends. The end. Just kidding. It was actually just the beginning. Then she started dating Brad. He left for the summer. She moved in. They broke up. Holy Most Dramatic Summer of My Life. But, really, it was also a really REALLY crappy summer for her (on several levels, not just the Brad one), and we all survived. Somedays barely. Mostly with a lot of Blue Bell.
Josh got accepted into the army. He came to visit one last time. (Really. The Last Time. For Reals.) And then he shut off his cell phone, moved to Alabama, and went to boot camp.
And then I met John.
Technically, I knew John, but I had never really MET John. Bridget was sitting next to me at church one day and John spoke. "He seems cool," she said. "Yes," he is." "He should be our friend." She told him this during Sunday School. I'm pretty sure he would have turned us down on our invitation/command, but he had just broken up with a girl a few weeks before and could have used some friends. So he came over that night. And has pretty much never left. Just kidding. But really, kind of. Somewhere between Tupac and Detroit and LA and his recycling business at 10-years old and his stalwartness and his testimony, I totally loved John Vizzard. We talked for hours and hours and our friendship started right then. Actually, it started right when this picture was taken I think. Bridget thought she was so sneaky.
Obviously, you guys now know that he's been a major part of everything since then. And even though we're not dating (sometimes it's there....sometimes it's not), we do mean the world to each other and are still trying to figure out the exact algorithm of how much time we should be spending together. It depends on the week. And I still will love Bridget 'til the day I die for telling John to be our friend.
NEXT!!! I rode my bike to work. For the first time ever. I totalled my second car. Not my fault. Totally a blessing.
I finally saw California. Ariana from here and Bekah from nursing school (who had moved to San Jose) and I did the See Jane Run triathlon. I stayed the night in LA by myself. I ate at Apple Pan. Ariana and I drove the entire PCH in one day. Slowly. Which was exhausting, but we truly SAW it. I stood on the sand in Marina del Ray.

Then I went to Boston! I spent Halloween in Salem with Emily and her family and I got to be Goldilocks!! I stood in Walden Pond. I ate Boston Clam Chowder. I saw New England in the Fall. I LOVED it.
I ate Fried Chicken & Waffles at Lolo's. I did another wedding.
I saw a lot. I did a lot. I ate a lot.
Good year.

4 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Good thing I am so blunt somedays.
I am glad you said lifelong friends. Maybe forver frineds in my opinion... Regardless you will never get rid of me... Or maybe John either for that matter.
Your 28th year might of been the best and wort year of my life. Thank you for being my rock. Good thing we survived and because we did became that much closer because of it. Love you!

RC said...

I have read, laughed, shed a few tears and been so proud as I have read these last few posts. I am so happy that you have seen and done so many wonderful things, met so many great people and been an example to so many around you. I am proud to be your father.

Camille Elise said...

I hope you have a super duper awesome bday! Can't remember if I said that in a previous comment or not. And if this IS the second time I'm commenting, it must mean I really mean it. :)

bradleyjohn said...

Referring to the title, I think you should be glad you only have two days left, because if you had four and posted twenty-eight today, you would be turning thirty-two this year!!!

Second, yep, I totally got teary reading dad's comment. Good thing the men in this family are so tough.

Third, I did play linebacker briefly. And my last name is Carbiener, and Tate's is actually Christensen.

And last, wow, that sounds like a crazy amount of stuff in that year. Sometimes I feel like we dropped the ball this year. I suppose we'll need to work on it in 2010 (or in other words the first year of the next decade of your life :)